Friday 13 February 2015

My Holy Grail Products: 2015 Edit.




Since we're all getting to know each other here, I thought I'd start with a post about my holy grail products. These are the wee beauties that I have repurchased and will again (*whispers* forever...) as I couldn't imagine my life without them... First world problems and all.


1. NARS Sheer Lipstick in Barbarella

This is my most repurchased lippie ever! I love it so much that I get excited when other people tell me they love it too, or I see Youtubers raving about it, but then I get crazy beauty addict syndrome and get scared that it will all be sold out and have to fight the urge to bulk buy 20 back ups from SpaceNK. It's a sheer formula with nice slip and medium lasting power, but it's the colour that slays me. It's THE perfect face brightening peach. I've looked over the years for a dupe, and some have come close, but Barbarella reigns champion every time.



Barbarella swatched once (top) and layered (bottom) with flash (L) and in indoor lighting (R).


2.Benefit Coralista

Although this blusher has been a little under-used through the winter, I know I'll be wearing it again come spring and summer ( and probably autumn too). It's another face brightener, with a delicately highlighted sheen and a pop of coral colour it goes great with fair to medium skin. I think it looks especially good with a tan! 


Coralista swatched in indoor lighting.


3. Fairy Drops Scandal Queen Mascara 

I picked this up in Oxford St Topshop after seeing Vivianna Does Makeup rave about it being her favourite mascara EVER. And now I get why. It's the water resistant formula that I went for, and I no longer struggle with the black-smudge-under-my-eyes situation, which before was a daily occurrence. It also gives INSANE length!! Now I already have very long lashes, but the tiny fibres in this stuff magically sit at the ends of my lashes! Like tiny magical fairy lash extensions. That's right, you will never need lash extensions or falsies when you have this. I know I won't!! 








4. Rituals Honey Touch Body Cream

I'm on my third tub of this now, it's just... perfect. It's like a whipped cream-butter consistency and sinks in without leaving a greasy layer. But the major selling point for me is the scent. It's rose and honey and sweet almond, a fragrance which I wouldn't have thought I'd love so much, but it's delicious. It's one of those smells where everyone who gets a whiff has to know what it is and it even passed the boyfriend test. It's sexy and it makes YOU sexy. 




5. Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One

After I fell so hard for my Rituals body cream, I decided that maybe I do like rose scents, as long as they are sweet and not too granny-esque. This fragrance sits right in the sweet spot. It's like a juicy rose, with lychee notes and... I'm terrible at explaining scents... Maybe some vanilla? I don't know about top notes and base notes, but what I do know is that if you like sweet fruity florals you need to smell this. It's my signature perfume now.



6. NARS Radiant Touch Creamy Concealer in Vanilla

I almost forgot this one! But I have repurchased many times and it is a consistent staple in my makeup routine. In between this I had used Maybelline Age Perfect Rewind in Light which is still a totally great concealer for under eyes and face, but whenever I come back to this I remember how creamy and bendable it is, as well as being high coverage and available in multiple shades. I'm anywhere between Gobi and Punjab in NARS foundations (usually sitting in the middle at Fiji), and this works no matter where I am on the tan spectrum. 



So there we have it, my creme de la creme products. I've recently found a few promising items which may achieve HG status... They'll be featured in upcoming posts!

What are your holy grail products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment