Saturday 9 May 2015

Review: Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Lotion.





It has been a month since my little Boots haul so I've had a fair chance to trial all the things I picked up. The product that stood out most (well, tied with another- next post!) is this Palmers gradual tan in spray form. 

I've used the original formula of the Natural Bronze range which is the same consistency as a body butter. I am oily and often found this broke me out and made me feel greasy in bed after application, however, the colour of the resultant tan is my favourite of all the gradual tanners I've ever used. 

So when I saw that they had released a spray version I grabbed it in the hope it would be a thinner and less rich lotion. And it is! The spray makes the process so quick, I just spray my body in sections and use my mitt to rub it in. It spreads easily and consistently, and dries within about 5 minutes. Seriously, I go to bed and I have no horrid sticky feeling. It's amazing!! 

The next morning it has a faint fake tan smell but nothing offensive. On me it gives the most natural and even olive tan, with no streaks. I use it on my face and it doesn't break me out. It's actually pretty dark for a gradual tan (it only comes in one shade as far as I know) so be aware if you are very pale that it's not as 'gradual' a tan as some. I applied it two nights in a row and I felt it looked a tad too dark for me; I prefer a light glow. 

These pictures are of me wearing one application;





Overall this is my new holy grail everyday tan. It's quick, easy to apply and has the perfect colour for me that lasts about 4 good days. It costs £7.99 for 200ml and is available at Boots and Superdrug. 

1 comment: