Sunday 12 July 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise.

I'm supposed to be saving for my holiday so I have been trying not to buy unnecessary amounts of new makeup... Enter Charlotte Tilbury and her new collection of eyeshadows. I didn't stand a chance. 

 I really wanted high shimmer or metallic formula champagne and gold-bronze eyshadows as it looks stunning with just some mascara. I then saw Vivianna Does Makeup and I Covet Thee on YouTube raving about the Bette shade of the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise cream formula shadows. It was such a gorgeous bronze shade but it was the metallic look that hooked me. It's difficult to find a really wet looking and shiny formula like that. When I saw that the range also had a champagne shade called Norma I was adding to basket and at the checkout before I knew what had happened. I reasoned that they will be very well used this summer and that I wouldn't need any more eyeshadows after that (ha). 

I purchased straight from Charlotte Tilburys website and was delighted when they arrived as it only took three days for delivery and the presentation box was gorgeous. I didn't take a picture because I ripped into it the moment I got it... Bad blogger. 



The little pots are sturdy glass with the CT symbol embossed on the lid, all very luxurious. The shadows are a moussey-cream which blends easily and dries quickly to a budge proof finish. I'll let the swatches speak for themselves....


Bette is the top swatch, it's a gorgeous warm gold bronze which can be sheered out to a more golden brown shade, or layered for the full metallic bronze effect. 

Norma is the bottom swatch, and although it's described as a pink champagne on the site I'm happy to say I don't detect too much pink in it. It's more of a true champagne gold with slight peach tones. It's gorgeous on its own as an eye brightening wash of colour, or used as a centre of lid and inner corner highlight on top of Bette (as below). 



Im so so thrilled with them both. They can be sheered down and made work appropriate or layered on to give a beautiful summer bronzed eye that's not too try hard. I've used my fingers and brushes to apply, both with success, so I'd say it's really your preference. The lasting power is fantastic, they look as good at the end of the day as they did when I first applied them and I've not experienced creasing or flaking.

 I am so in love and haven't touched any other eyeshadow since I got these. They cost £24 each and you can get them from CT website or Selfridges. There are four other shades to check out but I'm looking away before I spend anymore of the holiday fund!

No comments:

Post a Comment