Saturday 11 April 2015

My MAC Lipsticks.

I have to say I have never been a great lover of MAC. I always would rather have spent my money on Chanel or NARS, but recently I've seen MAC for what it is... Actually rather great. It's not as expensive as high end, but better quality and so many choices compared to drugstore. I was always overwhelmed by the lipstick counter and preferred the more curated choices available at other high end counters, but with google images and many bloggers inspirational posts (my poor bank account) I've found a few shades that I actually really like! And at £14 a pop (versus £26 and up for Chanel and Burberry) I really don't feel so guilty when I splurge on a few.

L-R: bottom row; Shy Girl, Freckletone, Touch, Cosmo, Flamingo, Up The Amp, Morange; 
Top row; Russian Red, Darkside. 

I bought all of these except Russian Red, Cosmo and Touch which were given to me by a friend who had them in his makeup artist kit and was having a clearout! I personally wouldn't have bought them but they are quite useful to have anyway!

So the nudes;


The brights;



At the moment my favourite is Flamingo. I saw Shaaanxo swatch it in her MAC lipstick video a few weeks back and it looked so nice on her! I don't tend to like pinks and would never have gone near it in a store, but I think the peach tone and the sheerness bring it back into my territory. It's gonna be a summer fave!


Flamingo on my lips.


Any MAC shades you love? Suggestions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment