Tuesday 14 April 2015

Spring-Summer Makeup 2015.


So my ideal Spring-Summer face goes a little something like this...

Skin.

I apply BECCA Bronzing Skin Perfector onto my forehead, nose and cheeks to give an overall golden glow. I dot a small amount of NARS Tinted Moisturiser in St Moritz onto my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead and blend outwards to give a decent amount of coverage and sun protection in one (SPF 30!). Then I pop some concealer under my eyes and onto any blemishes. Maybelline Under Eye Eraser Concealer in Light works really well in both areas as it is creamy and quite high coverage. 

I use a small amount of BECCA Beach Tint in Grapefruit to give myself a natural but flattering flush of coral pink on the cheeks. I'm quite oily so need a dusting of powder foundation, especially around the t-zone. My favourite is the NARS All Day Luminous Powder Foundation in Fiji as it isn't too matte, adds some natural looking coverage and is perfect for touch ups throughout the day.

I finish the skin off with some highlighter applied onto the high points of my face to make me look fresh and bring out my features without heavy contouring. Benefit Watts Up gives a champagne coloured glow to the skin without obvious shimmer. I apply on my cheekbones, down my nose and on my Cupid's bow. 

Eyes.

I like to keep my eyes pretty neutral most of the time, so I gravitate towards champagne, gold and brown tones. MAC Uninterrupted eyeshadow is a staple crease and lower lash lone colour for me. It gives definition and warmth without too much drama and is a dream to blend! I then use something like MAC Honey Lust for a bit of light bronze shimmer on the lid and to highlight the inner corners of  my eyes.

I skip liner unless it's a special occasion as my eyes are already quite large. I like to focus on getting big black lashes to frame my eyes, and my Fairydrops Scandal Queen mascara gives me the best dramatic (yet non-clumpy) lashes ever. 

For brows I use Benefit Gimme Brow in Light-Medium to fill in the body of my brows and groom them. I then use the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in Taupe to extend the tail and sharpen up the shape of each brow. I aim to get them as natural as possible but I also like them to be pretty symmetrical (which is often frustratingly impossible!!). 

Lips. 

This is the part of my face which I like to switch up day to day. At the moment my favourites are MAC Flamingo (peach toned sheer pink), Burberry Devon Sunset (satin finish apricot peach) or for a bit of gloss NARS Greek Holiday (sheer gold sparkle gloss). I like to keep things neutral, sheer and brightening on the lips so it doesn't look too 'try hard'!



So there's my natural but polished makeup look for the warmer months! What are your Spring-Summer staples? Have you tried any of these products? 




No comments:

Post a Comment